“Image Survivable Feature for the Check-21 act”
U.S. Patent 6,692,030
This new Image Survivable Security feature dramatically reduces liability to the customer and provides full compliance with “Check 21” requirements. The principle benefits to this feature are as follows:
- Verifies authenticity at the point of presentment without any secondary devices.
- Is applied through the original printing process.
- Survives a low resolution image scan and verifies that the digital conversion was from the original source.
- Can detect alterations at point of presentment.
- Can detect alterations in second line operational inspections.
- Does not require further proprietary and expensive equipment to verify.
- Creates a robust warning with a photocopy attempt.
- Insurance for the bank or the corporate customer to determine whether proper “Due Diligence” was applied at the “Point of Presentment”.
- Can verify unique pixel pattern variances. Original is stored for comparison analysis against a suspected fraudulent document.
- Effective deterrent to prevent counterfeiting.